If you love northern Michigan and want to work for a great company, see if one of our positions might be the right fit for you. Here are some jobs open at M22 right now:
General Store Manager
Active outdoor lifestyle brand seeking a full-time, outgoing individual with a stylish, energetic edge to lead our Sales Associates and take our thriving retail store to the next level. Ideal candidates lead by example and uphold the highest standards of quality, customer service, and integrity. Position reports to the COO.
- 1+ years experience managing a team of employees
- 1+ years experience in a customer service role
- 1+ years experience in a retail environment
- Proven track record generating project initiatives and managing their execution
- Resilient and composured under pressure
- Punctual and dependable, including evenings, holidays, and weekends
- Excellent professional communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to learn computer software, Shopify experience preferred
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to work on feet for long periods
- Must be able to lift 50lbs and go up and down stairs
- Must be seeking long term employment
- Must be dedicated to residing in the Traverse City area
- Perform Sales Associate hiring, onboarding, and ongoing training
- Create training plans, manage and update training materials for Sales Associates
- Efficiently schedule Sales Associates evaluating historical sales volume, events, individual staff strengths, and availability
- Resolve all customer needs including product questions, returns, exchanges, and complaints
- Maintain store order and security in conjunction with the COO
- Create a welcoming, positive, and energetic customer experience
- Maintain a front of the house presence during our busiest hours and days which may include holidays, weekends, and special events.
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility as a key holder
- Exercise excellent judgment in assigning key holders
- Manage and update the opening and closing procedures
- Ensure Sales Associates have company knowledge and current product knowledge including fit, sizing, pricing, and color options
- Ensure Sales Associates maintain store cleanliness and organization through the day
- Perform Sales Associate duties alongside the Sales Associates whenever possible
- Motivate Sales Associates with positive feedback, contests, fun activities, and rewards
- Communicate Sales Associate issues or complaints to the COO as they occur
- Maintain and update Sales Associate employee manual.
- Fill out and report Daily Tracker to the COO
- Ensure products are folded and organized, presented well
- Ensure appropriate stock levels
- Ensure all areas (windows, counter, floor, front and back of building) are clean
- Suggest sales and promotions, implement with approval and budget from COO
- Tastefully decorate for seasons and holidays
- Work with the Marketing Department to design, style, and schedule window display changes
- Work with the Marketing Department to update store photos and aesthetic
- Plan and execute sidewalk sale, one of our largest summer sales, under guidance of the COO, must be present during sale
- Create and maintain store calendar including holidays, sales, special events, community events, product display changes, photo display changes, and window display changes
- Communicate store calendar to Sales Associates
- Provide Product Buyer with inventory input and work closely to keep stock updated
- Use transfer system in Shopify for new orders
- Ensure all incoming products are tagged and priced
- Ensure store is stocked with cleaning, merchandising, and office supplies
- Ensure sales goals are met
- Collect customer contact information and organize
- Manage flow of incoming donation requests
- Present at weekly sales meeting (send notes to COO on Monday for Tuesday Meeting):
- Review store calendar, remind team of upcoming store happenings, gather input
- Update team on any customer complaints or feedback
- Update team on store sales and inventory numbers
- Present any donation requests
- Present any staff needs including additional staff or training
Job Type: Full-time
To apply: Stop by our TC location to fill out an application or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Store Manager
The 2nd Assistant Store Manager (ASM) is responsible for assisting the Store Manager (SM) in ensuring that they, along with each employee are upselling guests. The 2nd ASM will work closely with each employee to ensure they have all the tools required to successfully complete all job responsibilities. The 2nd ASM is in charge of all stockers. Ultimately, the duties of the ASM are to represent the brand by providing excellent customer service, maintain a clean and inviting store, meet store sales goals, all with a good attitude and a passion for the Great Lakes region.
- Lead by example by adhering to all Sales Associate level job responsibilities.
- The 2nd ASM is in charge of all stockers. This includes proper staff training on handling products, as well as stickering and signage.
- Ensure all items in the basement are represented on the sales floor. This includes all sizes of specific items.
- Ensure that all items in the store are stickered, or signed appropriately.
- Do monthly one on ones with all stockers. Use constructive criticism as well as positivity and enthusiasm to ensure employee growth and development.
- Assist with all banking procedures. This includes ensuring all registers are always equipped with proper change and counting the safe daily.
- Act as the Manager on Duty (MOD) for each shift. The MOD is responsible for handling all customer and employee complaints or concerns. MOD is also responsible for closing and opening the registers.
- Delegate responsibilities to ensure the store stays up to the M22 Brand standards. This includes cleaning standards.
- Assist the SM in making Daily Trackers and ensuring that all opening and closing checklists are being completed correctly.
- Assist with merchandising and store design.
- Assist with donations as needed.
- Assist with filling online orders, or helping any other department as needed.
- Ensure all staff knows proper apparel handling procedures. You are responsible for ensuring all sizes are represented on the sales floor, size stickers are consistent, and folding is being kept up with.
- Act with the needs of the business first; be flexible and open to change.
- You are responsible for covering call outs, while avoiding overtime of yourself and the staff.
The Sales Associate will work closely with customers to determine their needs, answer questions about our products, and recommend the correct solutions. Ultimately, the duties of a Sales Associate are to achieve excellent customer service, maintain a clean and inviting store, while consistently meeting store sales goals.
- Smile and sincerely welcome every guest.
- Approach each guest and assess his or her needs.
- Overcome objectives by asking open-ended questions.
- Track and exceed daily sales goals.
- Every transaction must include an “add-on” sale.
- Correctly complete all POS transactions.
- Follow opening and closing checklists to ensure the entire cleanliness for our guests.
- In downtime, keep the store organized, dust free, and stocked.
- Participate in contests; team sales goals and other incentive programs.
- Maintain an open and friendly attitude towards guests, employees, and management.
- Follow the “G.U.E.S.T.” program outlined in the handbook.
- Follow company policies and guidelines detailed in the handbook.
To apply: Stop by our TC location to fill out an application or email email@example.com